This year we've been keeping track of some of the surprising things that we have learned. For December, we're compiling a list of some of the things we've learned this year.
Here are the "Today I Learned", or TILs, from August 2021.
August 4, 2021:
- TIL the Boise, Idaho real estate market is booming. :expressionless: (Link)
August 6, 2021:
- TIL the Licklider Transmission Protocol is used for point-to-point networks in deep space. (Link)
August 9, 2021:
- TIL Bill Hwang lost $20 billion over the course of 10 days in March 2021. Roughly $1.5M per second. I did not know money could travel at that velocity. (Link)
August 10, 2021:
- TIL you can open a wine bottle with a shoe. (Link)
August 11, 2021:
- TIL about the Dambusters, a Royal Air Force squadron specializing in precision bombing. (Link)
August 16, 2021:
- TIL about Isambard Kingdom Brunel, an English civil engineer considered one of the most ingenious and prolific figures in engineering history. (Link)