This post is a preview of a series of posts to come, which will document the process of containerizing the entire charlesreid1.com website.
We will run through a lot of different moving parts and how to get them all working:
- Multiple domains and subdomains pointing to different services
- Docker pod for all services
- Nginx + SSL
- Reverse proxies via nginx
- Apache + MySQL + MediaWiki
- Configuration files under version control
- Data managed with backup/restore scripts and cron jobs
- Static content under version control
- Files server
- REST API
- Management LAN
All of the code for doing this is in docker/pod-charlesreid1,
in particular in the
The big switchover took nearly a month, but it was relatively seamless, and only required one false start and a few minutes of downtime.
For now, check out the readme at docker/pod-charlesreid1. More details to come.